Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Changing Churches

So I have gone through my first church exit and entry. It's weird because, although I thought there would be some sort of disparity in leaving Gateway and going to Trinity, there hasn't really. I don't have any misgiving. I believe I am in God's will with this move. I pray for my old church, that they would continue to be blessed and prosperous and I pray for my new church, they I would be able to get to work soon.

I won't go into the reasons why I left the first church, but I will say that I was under a heavy burden doing it. But as I looked a this burden, I realized that I was the one carrying it and making it heavier. I was the one wanting to stay against what God had planned. At this realization, I couldn't have stayed. I hate burdens. I hate carrying. So I chose not to. I think I made the right choice.

Theologically, it was an easy jump. In fact, I feel more comfortable here at Trinity than I did there. Although I always have my cynic's glasses on, I notice I use them less here. And that is good.

Anyway, that is all I have. I'll try to write more consistently.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment